Current job openings at Denso
The Vice President of Production Innovation is responsible for four North America functional areas: Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Production Engineering, Material Engineering Department (MED) and Machine & Tool Department. This position requires regional strategic thinking, broad scanning of manufacturing technologies, project planning and execution, and ability to positively influence both functional and manufacturing site leaders.
The VP, Production Innovation is a key leadership role in driving short and long-term strategies for DENSO NA to achieve optimizing components of a manufacturing system (e.g. plant location, personnel workflow/ergonomics, material logistics, production process sequence, and equipment layouts, etc.). The VP, Production Innovation has the following responsibilities:
- Create and drive strategy, design, deployment, service delivery, operations, and continual improvement.
- Establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Conduct cost/inventory/production control and human factors studies to develop and implement plans for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
- Assist manufacturing plant/facilities engineers with facility planning and design.
- Establish and implement strategies that have mid to long-term (3-5 years) impact on business results in alignment with global and regional objectives.
- Lead multiple departments and ensure alignment of Goals & Objectives (G&Os) to achieve overall company objectives.
- Develop mid to long-term (3-5 years) plans for optimizing the organization, function, or sub-function and the talent required to execute strategies in the job area.
- Capture, analyze real-time manufacturing data and metrics. Ensuring accurate manufacturing KPI dashboard data.
- Research and recommend latest technology in manufacturing execution systems, F-IoT, and industry technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in MES technologies and relationship to PLM.
- Strategic mindset and global thinking.
- Experience working in a high speed, open and global manufacturing environment.
- History of success with building high-performing engineering teams.
- Excellent influencer, motivator, team builder.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good presentation skills.
- Competent level using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of the following MES: ERP, Supply Chains systems (e.g. ARAS, Oracle, Domo).
- Possess certifications in TPS with Value Stream Mapping.
- Direct experience managing Manufacturing Operations.
DENSO is an advanced mobility supplier and global Fortune 500 company. Here, we innovate, create and make things to change how the world moves. We develop technology and components for major automakers worldwide, which you can find on nearly every vehicle make and model on the road today.
At our core, DENSO wants to make the world a better place. And, we have the ability to do so using our broad product portfolio, which spans mobility electronics, thermal systems, electrification systems, powertrain systems, sensors & semiconductors, and non-automotive businesses.
We’re far reaching: Globally headquartered in Japan, we have 170K+ employees across 221 facilities in 35 countries across the globe. Here in North America, our headquarters is in Southfield, Michigan. Last year, we had $47.6 billion in global consolidated revenue with North America contributing $10.9 billion.