Current job openings at Purpose Built Brands
Job DESCRIPTION: The Vice President , Sales Strategy & Operations will be responsible for leading channel strategies for all PurposeBuilt Brands and support all sales channels to translate Consumer Brick & Mortar objectives and strategies into sales and channel specific strategies. These strategies include objectives that drive sustainable, profitable growth. Facilitate the communication between sales and brand marketing. Provide the business intelligence for given products to the sales team to create and develop customer plans. Steward across go-to-market processes ensuring that sales/customer voice is considered (customer business planning, new product launches, supply chain allocations, hold-back estimates for trade spend allocation, etc.). Understand the "what" that is happening to the business and deliver the "how" we are impacting.
- Build and Execute Channel Strategies: Marry store, competitive, and brand insights into an actionable plan that will drive incremental growth
- Line Review Planning : Collaborate with sales and marketing to help build persuasive presentations across brans and accounts; Develop and manage the line review planning process and calendar, ensuring prioritization and cross-learning among the team
- Forecast / S&OP Lead for Sales : Own monthly forecast update for Consumer retail business by aggregating insights and trends from key accounts
- Sales Operations Oversight :Manage customer supply and serve as liaison between sales and supply chain, transportation & warehouse operations to ensure orders ship on time and in full while optimizing inventory and minimizing risk.
- Innovation Partner : Serve as the voice of sales and provide competitive insights for NPD including tracking success in the market.
- Finance Partner : Be the lead sales finance partner; manage the trade spend budget, support long term account planning and pricing strategies and ensure it links to financial goals, and develop, implement, and manage the initiatives to automate and keep current all Gross Margin (GM) calculators
- Organize and run formal sales review meetings with top account owners to align on defined sales plans and goals for those accounts.
- Lead all team initiatives related to process and systems improvements.
Knowledge, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Access required
- Ability to work independently or in team setting; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent attention and orientation toward meticulous work
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to effect change and implement change management
- Ability to create and implement strategy both strategic and tactical
- Ability to lead and develop others within and engaging and collaborative environment
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years in CPG industry experience in sales and marketing
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication with developed presentation skills
- High degree of organizational skill and a strong sense of urgency, able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to manage and lead a team to deliver company objectives
- Extended periods of sitting up to 50% of the time.
- Constantly operating computers and office equipment.
- Occasional lifting of 25 pounds.
WORK LOCATION: Gurnee, Illinois