Current job openings at Rustoleum
Vice President of Brand Marketing
Vernon Hills, IL, United States
Rust-Oleum is looking for an innovative and growth-minded Vice President of Brand Marketing to add to our management team. The Vice President of Brand Marketing will be responsible for setting the long-term strategic direction across our 11 U.S. brand platforms. S/he will lead the Brand Marketing Team to develop and execute short term and long term growth initiatives across a diverse set of brands, products, channels of distribution and user groups. S/he will develop brand strategy, new product innovation roadmap, and other initiatives to create sustainable competitive advantage and profitable growth.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn't particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921, he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years creating the world's first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we've perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the world, help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
Here's what you can expect every day:
- Lead the development and execution of the strategic Marketing business plans, financial objectives, brand strategies and action plans.
- Create the 3 to 5 year strategic brand plan that translates into actionable 0-2 year business and marketing plans.
- Develop and execute a clear, compelling, aligned growth strategy to maximize the potential of Rust-Oleum, including identification of barriers to purchase, projects to be done, brand positioning, visual identity, product & portfolio excellence, and innovation.
- Establish holistic innovation plans to drive new product development and big idea growth opportunities based upon trends and insights. Align across the organization with Sales, R&D, Operations, etc.
- Drive commercialization and brand activation efforts working cross functionally with other Marketing departments, including Communications and Trade.
- Understand and leverage market performance insights and analytics in order to improve financial metrics.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop multi-channel brand strategy and ensure optimal go to market strategy.
- Provide strategic direction and influence to ensure brand strategies and plans are effectively executed to ensure delivery of brand plans.
- Direct and support market research & insights and competitive activity.
- Work closely with Sales team to align Sales, Marketing and Customer strategies.
- Manage Marketing budget and expenditures.
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team.
- Build long term relationships with internal teams, customers and stakeholders.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Who You Are
- You are an empathetic and an influential leader. You are able to handle differences of opinion in a professional and respectful manner.
- You have a well-rounded general management perspective including P&L understanding and the ability to direct teams across all functional areas.
- You are a versatile manager who can provide leadership at the top as well as execute in the trenches.
- You excel in people leadership. You are passionate about building a high performing team by developing team knowledge, skills, and career growth.
- You are an exceptional presenter who inspires leadership and cross-functional teams to follow you to the top of the hill. You can take complex problems or concepts and lay out solutions that are simple and concise.
- You are an entrepreneurial spirit who can move quickly to capitalize on market opportunities and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a winner who thrives in a winning culture.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Related Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience managing/leading Brand and Marketing teams.
- A successful track record of driving net sales and profit growth.
- Mastered functional expertise in classical brand management, deep understanding of consumer and customer insights and activation.
- A history of delivering outstanding business results within growth environment.
- Strong new product development and innovation experience.
- Excellent communication, influencing and leadership skills.
- Ability to recruit, hire, retain, and develop talent.